Tenant Applicant Requirements To Rent Apartments & Houses outlines the expectations of the tenant clients of Develop STL Saint Louis Mo Real Estate leasing. We value our residents at Develop STL and are excited about your interest in your beautiful homes in Saint Louis, MO! I would like to thank you for your interest and help you understand our process and requirements to make your application process simple and efficient.
Your application is complete only upon our receipt of all five (5) application requirements listed below.
- Complete and Sign the Lease Application – Fill out and electronically sign the lease application. By completing and signing the lease application, the Applicant(s) authorizes Develop STL to verify credit history and run a criminal background check, as well as income verification and rental history verification.
- Attach Photo Identification – All applicants must provide a legible copy of their driver’s license or other government issued photo I.D. (e.g. Passport, Permanent Resident Card, Military ID, etc.).
- Attach Income Verification Documents – To verify your income, we require:
- If employed by a company – Recent pay stubs to verify your monthly revenue and employment. Two (2) if paid twice per month or four (4) if paid weekly.
- If self-employed / business owner – Most recent tax return and six months bank statement summary.
- If from pension / disability / child support / Section 8 and or any other benefit – (i)Court approved settlement documents and government benefits documentation, such as vouchers, and (ii) 6 months bank statement summary
- Attach Rental Payment Verification Documents – If your most recent residence is a rental property, send a copy of the lease agreement and one of the following: (i) 6 months of bank statements showing monthly rental payments, (ii) 6 months of canceled rent checks or (iii) 6 months of rent payment receipts. The requirement for proof of rental payments does not apply to Applicants who owned their home for the six (6) months before the lease term.
- Pay Application Fee(s) – A nonrefundable Application Fee of $25 per adult occupant 18 years or older, except as prohibited by law, is required before submitting the online Application. Payment can be made via credit card.
Minimum Tenant Requirements For Admission
500+ Credit Score
Rent cannot be more than 33% of total income
$25 Applicant Fee
Please note that these are our general rental guidelines; nothing contained in these guidelines constitutes a guarantee or representation that all residents and occupants currently residing in one of our homes have met these guidelines. This document provides a general overview of our guidelines and screening requirements shown below may not include all criteria checked by the background screening company. Requirements are subject to change. We will provide you with further details, terms and conditions throughout the process.
Application Process Notes:
- Application fees cover the cost and administration of running personal background and credit checks.
- Applying to Develop STL does not guarantee approval, nor does it constitute a lease for the home which you applied.
- Only if approved will you be given the opportunity to pay a deposit and sign a contract to reserve a property
- The application process is run on a first, come, first, serve basis. We receive a lot of requests. However, many applicants do not receive approval, pay a deposit and sign a lease. We continue to accept applications until one applicant has completed all steps and reserved the property.
Develop STL processes all requests on a first-come, first served basis. We base our decision on standard criteria including rental and credit history, ability to pay rent and background check results. Develop STLwill decline applicants for any of the following:
- Prior Evictions within four (4) years of application
- Average combined credit score for all Applicants is below 500
- Identity cannot be verified
- Income cannot be verified
- No open bankruptcies or bankruptcies within past five years
- Insufficient income – Verifiable gross household monthly income of at least 2.5 times the rental amount. Total rent payment per month cannot be more than 40% of the applicants’ combined gross monthly income
- Any landlord collection in the past five years
- Overdue debt of $5000 or more, including balances on outstanding civil judgments (does not include student loans or medical bills/debt)
- A conviction for the illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance
- Registered Sex Offenders
- Misrepresentation(s) or falsifications of application
Application Guidelines & Requirements
Occupancy Guidelines – The following occupancy standards apply based on two persons per bedroom, plus one per home. 1 Bedroom = 3 Persons; 2 Bedroom = 5 Persons; 3 Bedroom = 7 Persons; 4 Bedroom = 9 Persons; 5 Bedroom = 11 Persons. These occupancy standards do not apply to anyone protected under the Federal Fair Housing Guidelines as they relate to familial status. Familial status is defined as “one or more individuals (who have not attained the age of 18 years) being domiciled with a parent or another person having legal custody of such individual or individuals; or the designee of such parent or other person having such custody, with the written permission of such parent or other person. The protections afforded against discrimination by familial status shall apply to any person who is pregnant or is in the process of securing legal custody of any individual who has not attained the age of 18 years.” Develop STL reserves the right, however, to limit occupancy in unique situations due to the physical limitations of the property (for example, limitation of the building’s sewer and electrical systems) and state and local building codes that impose their set of minimum space requirements per occupant.
Age – All Applicants who will be responsible for paying rent must be listed as tenants on the lease, be 18 years of age or older and pay the nonrefundable Application Fee ($25 per person except as prohibited by law). All occupants 18 years of age or older who will live in the property but will not be responsible for the rent, must be included in the Application, pay the nonrefundable Application Fee ($25 per person except as prohibited by law) and are required to be listed on the lease as occupants. Residents who are younger than 18 years of age at the time that you complete the Application do not need to pay the application fee but are required to be listed on the lease as occupants.
Credit Check – We will request a credit report on all applicants to verify credit worthiness. Credit checks are currently run through the following credit bureau: Equifax. We require a minimum average combined credit score for all Applicants of 500 or above (for example, if one applicant’s score is 480 and the other applicant’s score is 560, the combined average credit score is 520); however, we do not disqualify tenants solely for not having a credit history.
- Please note: If the average combined credit score for all Applicants is between 500 and 550, we would require payment of security deposit and first and last month’s rent prior to move-in (Georgia residents will require payment of an additional deposit, along with the security deposit and first month’s rent, prior to move-in)
Criminal Background Check – A criminal background check will be conducted for each applicant and occupant aged 18 years or more. A conviction for the illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance is cause for an automatic denial of an application. Criminal convictions relating to violent acts, crimes of dishonesty or breach of trust or matters of similar nature or severity may be cause for denial of an application. In addition to the character and seriousness of the conviction, Landlord will consider factors including, without limitation, the amount of time that has passed since the relevant conviction and whether such conviction could reasonably be deemed to be indicative of a potential risk to safety and property.
Income – Our official pay approval requires applicants to provide proof of verifiable gross household monthly income of at least three times the rental amount. Total rent payment per month cannot be more than 33.33% of the applicants’ combined gross monthly income. Standard approval applicants will only need to pay a security deposit and first month’s rent before move-in.
- Please note: Conditionally approved applicants will need to pay the security deposit and first and last month’s rent before move-in (Georgia residents will require payment of an additional deposit, along with the security deposit and first month’s rent, before move-in).
Rental History – If your most recent residence is a rental property, you will need to provide a copy of the lease agreement and one of the following: (i) six months of banks statements showing monthly rental payments, (ii) six months of canceled rent checks or (iii) six months of rent payment receipts. Applicants who are unable to verify rental payments will be required to pre-pay last month’s rent before move-in.
- Please note: Proof of rental payments does not apply to applicants who owned their home for the six months before the lease term.
Guarantors – A guarantor will be required for applicants that are students or who cannot provide proof of verifiable income, but otherwise meet all other application requirements. The guarantor must meet the following conditions:
- Credit – Credit score of 650 or higher
- Income – Income is at least four times the rent
Guarantors are restricted to family members who assume responsibility for all payments under the Lease.
Pets / Animals – You are required to disclose in your application all pets that will reside in the property. Pets will be approved on a case-by-case basis. Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Staffordshire Terriers, German Shepherds and Dobermans are not permitted on any Premises, and we have the right to restrict other breeds or specific animals at our sole discretion.
- Pets are subject to a one-time nonrefundable fee of $200 per pet due at move-in, except as prohibited by law. The pet fee does not apply to service animals* or for small caged animals.
- A service animal is any animal that assists a person with a physical or mental impairment. A service animal is not a pet.
- A resident may not keep more than two 30-gallon or larger aquariums in the home
- Applicants must provide a photograph and veterinary records showing that vaccinations are current for each pet
- Resident(s) will abide by the rules and regulations of any applicable Homeowners’ Association (HOA) as it relates to pet and breed restrictions
It is Develop STL’s policy not to discriminate against any person because of that person’s race, color, creed or religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, military status, handicap, disability, or any other protected status. You may ask Develop STL to consider any reasonable accommodation or modification you need because of a disability. Contact us to submit a Reasonable Accommodation / Modification Request. Please allow five business days for a response.
Develop STL St Louis Real Estate Sales & Leasing Topics: Applicant Requirements , Tenant Requirements , Tenant Applicant Requirements, Requirements Rent, Requirements Lease, minimum credit score rent, minimum credit score lease, minimum credit rent, Tenant Applicant, Tenant Applicant St Louis